The eclipse is just two days away and today I made some modifications for eyepiece projection with my little telescope. I made a new 81/2 x 11 inch screen, resurfaced it with the 20 pound paper and added a shade made from Walgreens Outer Space Poster Board.
The sunspots can be seen more clearly and the extra shade does appear to help. One has to constantly reposition the telescope since with large magnification the motion of the Sun is also magnified. The image below is unmodified and is how the camera saw the Sun. Manual focus was fairly easy.
I still need to get in a little more practice capturing images in the time prior to the eclipse.